Children’s Ministry Anyone?
As the director of the Kid’s Justice House of Prayer here in Cambodia, I am always trying to come up with new ways to teach and raise up an army of prayer warriors here in this nation. I am so grateful for the following teaching that the Lord gave me! I really want to share it with those who are in kid’s ministry because I found it to be a very powerful yet simple evangelistic tool. It is nine different facets or stages of Jesus’ life including who He is, why He came, what He did, and who we are, etc…
Have a child act out each of the nine parts, while reading the corresponding verses. Keeping it simple and to the point is key:
- He left His throne in heaven to become human. -I picked the smallest kid to pretend to be Baby Jesus! – “So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son.” – John 1:14
- As a man He healed the sick, cast out demons and preached the good news. –This kid simply puts their hand on my shoulder and prays for me and I am healed. – “Jesus traveled through all the towns and villages of that area, teaching in the synagogues and announcing the Good News about the Kingdom. And he healed every kind of disease and illness.” – Matthew 9:35
- Jesus gave us the same authority when we use His name. -Have a kid be a disciple of Jesus and do the same thing Jesus did… – “Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.” – Matthew 10:1
- He died on The Cross to give us access to The Father. -Simply have the child stand with arms out, like on The Cross. – “And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split” – Matthew 27:50-51
- He cancelled the charges against us by being nailed to The Cross. I had a kid tearing up some paper, representing our sins. – “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.” – 1 Peter 2:24
- He was raised from the dead,offering victory over death and hell.-Have a kid lye on the floor and then help them up, coming back to life, with keys in their hand! – The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.” So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. – Matthew 28:5-9
- Instructs His disciples to go and teach the whole world everything they have been taught. -You can put a Backpack on this one and have him or her holding a Globe. – Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” – Matthew 28:18-20
- Jesus goes back to Heaven! -Have this kid sit down on a chair, representing Jesus’ back on His throne! – After saying this, he was taken up into a cloud while they were watching, and they could no longer see him. As they strained to see him rising into heaven, two white-robed men suddenly stood among them. “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why are you standing here staring into heaven? Jesus has been taken from you into heaven, but someday he will return from heaven in the same way you saw him go!” – Acts 1:9-11
- Holy Spirit comes to live in us. -Finally, this child is waving a banner or a flag to represent The Holy Spirit and can have him or her speaking in tongues if they have been baptized. – “On the day of Pentecost all the believers were meeting together in one place. Suddenly, there was a sound from heaven like the roaring of a mighty windstorm, and it filled the house where they were sitting. Then, what looked like flames or tongues of fire appeared and settled on each of them. And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages, as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability.” – Acts 2:1-4
This was so powerful in class! It gave all the kids such a visual on who Jesus is! It was so easy to have an altar call after this! At our KJHP we had three new souls come into the Body of Christ that morning! ALL GLORY TO GOD!!
Written by: John Boyerv